Yurts – General
Our Yurts are offered for holiday purposes on a mid-week (Mon-Fri), weekend (Fri-Mon) and weekly (Fri-Fri or Mon – Mon) unless otherwise stated on a self-catering basis subject to the following hiring ‘Terms and Conditions.’
On receipt of the balance payment, the yurt will be made available to you from 4 pm on the date of arrival (or at the time and date agreed in advance) and the tenant (hirer) and their families and/or guests are required vacate it by 10 am on the departure date stated.
Booking your Holiday
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking fee is payable to confirm your booking. Deposits can be paid by credit or debit card using our online booking system. Once a reservation has been made a confirmation of your booking will be sent via e-mail.
Any balance payment must be made no later than 6 weeks prior to commencement of the booked holiday to guarantee the booking. It is your responsibility to remember to pay this and a balance reminder will be sent to the e-mail address provided. If your balance payment has not been received by this time Long Valley Yurts reserve the right to cancel and re-book your holiday with the loss of the initial deposit.
If you are booking within six weeks of the start of your holiday, payment is required in full with the booking form. Directions and arrival details are issued on receipt of the final payment via e-mail 7 days prior to your stay.
In all cases, we ask for a separate damage deposit £100 prior to the commencement of each holiday. This is returnable to the hirer less the cost of making good any damage or loss to the property or excessive cleaning found necessary following the period of occupation concerned. Any extra expense needed to make good any damages will be charged directly to the hirer.
Long Valley Yurts – Partners
All Long Valley Yurts sites are based on existing campsites. As such, site and facilities are in all cases shared with other campsite users.
We accept and enforce the rules of all of our partner sites. They’re on-site rules and regulations are by association ours. Any Long Valley Yurts customers if found to be in breach of these rules and regulations may be asked to leave the site and may be subject to the loss of their sureties deposit and booking fee.
For the benefit of fellow campers on the site, there is a strict no noise policy on all of our sites after 10.30 pm, this is not negotiable.
Guests not abiding by this will be asked to leave the site with no refund and the loss of their sureties deposit.
Please note we do not accept bookings for stag/hen parties or any large single-sex groups.
Dogs are welcome on all of our sites. At each of our sites, we have allocated dog friendly yurts chargeable upon booking at £5 per pet, per night up to a maximum of two dogs per yurt. Dog friendly yurts will be provided with a doggy towel and alternative dog friendly throws and may appear different to the throws advertised on the website.
Please note the following conditions;
– Dogs are included in the total maximum occupancy for that yurt up to a maximum of two dogs per yurt.
– Dogs must be added at the time of making the booking.
– Whilst on-site dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
– You must always clean up after your dog and dispose of mess appropriately.
– You dog must be vaccinated, preferably chipped and not be on the dangerous dog’s list.
– Your dog must not be left unattended at any point during your stay.
– Please make sure your dog is clean and muddy paws washed prior to allowing your dog inside the yurt.
– Dogs are not permitted on the furniture or beds.
– If dogs become a nuisance to other users and the situation cannot be resolved we reserve the right to request that the pet be removed from the site.
At selected sites wood fired hot tubs are available to book for the exclusive use of the hirer alongside our standard yurt holiday. Please note the following conditions;
– Full guidance on the safe use of the hot tub is provided. It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand this prior to using the hot tub.
– Wood-fired hot tubs require heating using a wood-burning stove. A set amount of seasoned split logs, kindling will be provided as part of and included in the cost of the hire. Additional wood and kindling can be purchased at reception for approximately £5 per bag.
– It is the responsibility of the hirer to heat the hot tub which will be made available to them from 4 pm on any given check-in day. The hot tub takes approximately 3 hours to heat to a suitable bathing temperature. Heating times are approximate and will change according to outside air temperature, stove/fire management etc.
– It is the responsibility of an adult to manage and regulate the temperature of the water whilst the wood burner is lit.
– Our hot tubs are treated and tested daily using a chemical management system designed to keep them clean and safe to use. Access by onsite staff will be required in order to test and manage the water quality.
– Use of the hot tub is at your own risk.
– Children should be supervised at all times when using the hot tub.
– Long Valley Yurts cannot be held responsible for your safety whilst you are using the hot tub.
Once a booking has been confirmed, the hirer is liable for the whole cost of the holiday. Cancellation and curtailment protection insurance is, therefore, advised. A comprehensive insurance policy is available to purchase with your booking through our partners at Booking Protect.
We recommend you include this option in order to get a full refund of the purchase price should you or anyone in the party be unable to attend due to:
– Injury or Illness happening to you, or a member of your immediate family.
– Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police or Government have issued travel warnings.
– The mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked holiday.
Full terms and conditons of this policy are available to read and purchase within the booking process. Please note should insurance not be taken our standard terms and conditons apply whereby we will endeavour to re-let the Yurt(s), and if successful, we will refund the amount recouped, less the non-refundable deposit. Furthermore, shoudl we be successful in re-letting the yurt/s we will also try to offer a re-arrangement for another time.
Accordingly, it is important that cancellations are intimated to us in writing.
Long Valley Yurts are not liable for refunds or expenses incurred by the customer in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling the customers booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). Long Valley Yurts recommends that adequate holiday insurance is purchased to cover this.
The Yurts are equipped as deemed to be appropriate for the guests using the accommodation; every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the accommodation is suitable for the stay being offered.
Despite this, the Yurt is still a tent in the outdoor environment and subject to the elements. The hirer should bring appropriate equipment suited to the environment and the conditions.
Furnishings, Linen etc
Each property is furnished and equipped to cater for the stated or permitted occupancy and includes all facilities and major items of domestic equipment. A full list of contents can be downloaded as a PDF on our website.
Bedding (pillows, and blankets or duvets) and linen is provided but not towels or tea towels.
– Beds are only made up with the number of persons detailed on the party numbers in the booking confirmation.
– If two persons have booked it will be assumed that a double bed is required unless otherwise stated in the booking notes.
– It is the hirer’s responsibility to notify Long Valley Yurts 24hours prior to your booked stay should there be any change to the original party numbers shown on the booking confirmation.
For use with the wood-burning stove inside the yurt and included in the cost of the hire we provide one large basket of seasoned split logs, kindling and firelighters. Additional wood and kindling can be purchased at reception for approximately £5 per bag
Babies cots are available on request at a cost of £5 for the duration of your stay please specify when booking to ensure availability.
It is the hirers responsibility on departure to make sure they are left in good working and clean condition. Any extra expense needed to make good any damages or additional cleaning will be charged directly to the hirer.
Arriving and Vacating
Guests can arrive anytime after 4 pm. Guests need to vacate the accommodation by 10 am on the day of departure. Any amendments to these times are entirely at Long Valley Yurts discretion.
Long Valley Yurts accepts no responsibility for the personal possessions of the holidaymaker or the holidaymaker’s party. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the holidaymaker.
Long Valley Yurts are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information provided will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and will not be passed onto any third parties unless required to do so by law.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, address, contact information including telephone number and e-mail address as well as details of other members of your family/group etc
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we use this information
Our aim is to provide our customers with the best possible holiday experience we can. Information collected will help us to understand what you want from your holiday and enable us to continually improve how and what we offer. In addition, we will use any information provided for;
- Long Valley Yurts internal records.
- To improve our products and services.
- To contact ‘opted in’ customers periodically to send promotional flyers, newsletters, special offers and information about new products or services.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Opt ‘in’ or ‘out’
Long Valley Yurts do require a certain amount of personal information to confirm the booking with us. However, you will be the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any further information from us in the future. You can do this in the following ways;
- Check the ‘opt-out’ box underneath the booking form. By ticking this you will not receive any further information from Long Valley Yurts.
If you have previously requested further information from us and would like to ‘opt-out’ of receiving any further information please click on the link at the bottom of the last contact and de-register your e-mail.
We do our very best to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with Long Valley Yurts and affiliated sites. However, despite this, it may be that you have a genuine complaint. We ask all guests to take up any issues with the person running the site immediately to resolve any issues as they arise, all contact information can be found in the welcome pack located inside the Yurt or sent to you electronically. If for any reason the issues have not been resolved to your satisfaction then you have 2 weeks after your departure to lodge a complaint in writing or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Head office: Long Valley Yurts, Middleshaw Head, Middleshaw, Old Hutton. Cumbria. LA8 OLZ
- Head Office Telephone: +44 (0)1539 267030
- e-mail: email@example.com