Become a Long Valley Yurts site?
If you’re a farmer or landowner looking for a unique and exciting opportunity to diversify and earn a significant second income then Long Valley Yurts may have the answer?
Long Valley Yurts was established in 2008 by John Maddy and Richard Coulter with the aim of providing luxury camping within the Lake District National Park. Accommodation consists of a number of custom-built Yurts situated in stunning rural locations.
The Yurts are hand-made using traditional wood craft techniques from a circular ash wooden frame and a thick poly-cotton canvas. They are spacious inside with comfortable beds, warm duvets, lanterns and a wood burning stove. Half of the yurts now also come with traditional outdoor Scandinavian wood fired hot tubs which are the most popular among our guests.
The interior shape, design and decor of the Yurts help to create a tranquil space, encouraging a sense of calm and a feeling of being closer to nature.
The UK is experiencing growth in the camping/glamping sector and particularly in the luxury camping/glamping market. Our main target market are educated, double-income families with children between the ages of 2 – 16, seeking an alternative, back-to-nature holiday experience with a difference.
Long Valley Yurts have developed a concept that sets the standard for the luxury camping market by focusing on the quality of the accommodation, the location and the people we work with. The business has experienced year-on-year growth, with four sites now operating within the Lake District National Park.
We are looking to expand the business and work with landowners throughout the UK who share our passion for creating unique holidays in unique environments. Our focus is on working with landowners in key tourist destinations and/or areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Long Valley Yurts offer landowners the opportunity to generate a significant second income from otherwise unproductive land, whilst fitting alongside your normal everyday activities. Our Yurts are relatively maintenance-free and all bookings are handled through our head office. Long Valley Yurt sites can also play a real part in supporting the local community as customers visit surrounding pubs, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions.
Long Valley Yurts: What are we looking for?
The right land
- Landowners in key, already existing tourist destinations and/or areas of outstanding natural beauty.
- Small to medium size campsites/farms/smallholdings/woodlands or areas of outstanding natural beauty.
- Space for a minimum of 4 Yurts, 5m diameter, 3m in height. This area should ideally be located within a reasonable distance to the main facilities (parking, toilet/wash facilities).
The right people
- Landowners who have a genuine passion for the countryside and engaging with our customers to share this passion.
- Landowners with a strong sense of environment, environmental sustainability and a commitment to maintaining the countryside for future generations.
If you think you may have an area of land suitable and are interested in setting up the next Long Valley Yurts site, then please contact us. We will look forward to hearing form you.